A Subiaco United: How to support your local Subi businesses
There’s no doubt that we are living in a whirlwind of uncertainty at the moment but at See Subiaco, we are all about continuing to support our favourite local businesses in Subi during these times of change.
Many of our fantastic local businesses are creatively adapting to the changing circumstances, so let's stand together to support them and our local community. Retailers, restaurants, bars and cafes are all adjusting with different services and offerings - from takeaway to tailored retail appointments.
Dive in and explore the list of Subi businesses below that are ready for patrons with all the services, menus, and tasty treats you know and love.
Rest assured that all these businesses are doing everything they can to ensure public safety. They are keeping up-to-date with the latest from the Health Department
and adjusting accordingly, so we can continue to support the local economy without any of the worry. So here's a rolling list of what Subi businesses are offering:
Restaurants, Bars & Cafes
- 1982 Food & Coffee – Delicious café doing all the right things including Uber Eats so you can order at home and get it delivered straight to your door. Breakfast and lunch is sorted!
- Baguette Me Not – These cool cats are taking every precaution to keep you and their team protected with all the necessary measures including a ‘curb-side’ pick-up option. Just call ahead and request this from their friendly team and they will bring it out to your car.
- Bistro Felix – Now offering FREE delivery within Subiaco. Did you ever think you’d be able to get French parfait delivered straight to your door? Add in some French wine and you have one amazing evening ahead of you.
- Bloody French – Are doing takeaway and delivery but also offering wine and beer with a 25% discount on their current drink list. This is available from Monday to Saturday from 5.30pm until 8.30pm.
- Cat Café Purrth – This cute little café is still running takeaway coffees and desserts through the window, so if you are in need of some kitty cuteness, head to their online store and browse some perrrfect goodies!
- Chutney Marys – A comfort food we cannot to live without, Chutney Marys now offers free delivery in selected suburbs, furthermore, they have reduced minimum order amount from $50 to just $30!
- Community Coffee Co – You won’t have to go without your favourite beans from your local roaster as Community Coffee Co has a new online store you can purchase from.
- Eli & Matt Patisserie – Now offering a range of options including an Express High Tea for $20 per box! Enjoy a delicious high tea at home with all the trimmings. And yes, they deliver! Please call or text 0444 520 989 to place your order.
- Fee Fi Pho Fum - When you're hungry for a hearty Pho or a delicious Wok Stir Fried dish, just call 6153 0744. Open lunch 11am - 2.30pm and dinner 5pm - 8.30pm all week.
- Funtastico - Ready to satisfy your cravings, Funtastico are now offering your favourite dishes takeaway! New trading hours are from Wednesday to Sunday 4.30 - 7.30pm.
- Galileo - Now open for takeaway meals. They will soon be offering ‘Family Packs’ on request, available Tuesday to Saturday 12.30pm to 7.30pm, call 9382 3343.
- George’s Meze – You can now enjoy authentic Greek cuisine at home because George’s Meze is doing takeaway! Head over to their Instagram to view the menu.
- Jaffle Shack – Comfort food like toasty, cheesy jaffles is exactly what we need right now and you can get it at Jaffle Shack. Pop by and grab a takeaway jaffle or phone ahead and pick up them up in store.
- Jus Burgers - Another comfort food that always hits the spot. Lucky for us, Jus Burgers doesn't just offer takeaway, they also do delivery! Head over to their Jus Burgers website to place an order online.
- Meeka Restaurant - Still rolling those amazing Turkish doughnuts we know and love. Now also offering 10% discount on takeaway orders. Menu is available online.
- Six Senses - If it’s Thai that you’re after then Six Senses have got you covered. For pick-up call 9388 3969 or order through Uber Eats for home delivery.
- The Corner Italian - Takeaway menu is now available! Call to place an order at 9382 2208 for lunch or dinner. If you live locally, then you can even get it delivered for free!
- The Little Rokeby Café - The newest little café on the block offering takeaway coffee, wraps and delicious baked goods from 6:30am - 2pm. You can also text your coffee order to 0402 557 147 and pick it up in store.
- The Red Chair Cafe - If you have not experienced the Laksa here, we highly recommend that you do now! Call 9381 3742 or SMS 0448 073 243 to order.
- The Subi Hotel - These legends are not letting these changing times damper their style, they are bringing back Subi Drive Thru! They have reopened the adjoining drive-through bottle shop that first started serving the community back in 1964.
- Urban Soul Foods - This hidden gem is preparing amazing home-made meals and bringing them to YOU! There are tons of options available like beef bourguignon or Morrocan lamb with pilaf rice which can be picked up or delivered. Place order via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on Tuesdays (orders after 4pm will go to the following week).
Retail & Services
- Cellarbrations Subiaco - This local liquor store is bringing the good stuff right to your door step! Call the team at 9388 1040 and they will help find the perfect beverage for you to relax at home.
- Dymocks - You can still grab a great page-turner at Dymocks but these guys are also now offering deliveries of books and activities, just call them in store on 9380 4877.
- La Vida Vegan – This amazing little shop and café has adapted to now include delivery! So you can enjoy all your vegan essentials from Perth’s only vegan store delivered straight to your door.
- Specs 241 – It’s a great time to focus on your personal health, including optical. Pop into Specs 241 and get your eyes tested, while you’re there why not pick up some new glasses or contacts lenses.
- Subiaco Bookshop - Locals for 30 years and still open offering some of the best reads available with new stock arriving daily.
- Spoilt at Subi – This amazing little gift stop is still open and has the most amazing Australian made hand wash available. Which will come in handy when most of the supermarkets are out of stock and only selling the products that will dry your hands out. If you are stuck at home and need a gift sorted call them on (08) 9382 3888. They can arrange gifts to be collected in store or they can arrange delivery for you.
- Table Culture – This local gem is always ahead of the trend when it comes to homewares, gifts and beautiful design. They have an online store so you can shop from 24 hours a day but they are also offering virtual shopping through FaceTime, phone consults and a friendly face in store because birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions should continue to be celebrated!
- The Painted Teapot – Some big changes are happening at the The Painted Teapot. They are implementing more options for Take Home Pottery Painting Kits to keep you and the little ones entertained. They have also made some slight changes to studio opening times and are also making home delivery a reality! Follow them on Instagram to find out more.
We all have our part to play
Let’s also ensure we all continue to wash our hands as often as possible and for at least 20 seconds, refrain from touching our face, keep social distancing to 1.5 metres and most importantly, stay home if we are feeling unwell, no matter how mild the symptoms. For more information about COVID-19 and safety measures follow the link to the Western Australian Department of Health’s website
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO WIN!
We want to see how you’re supporting your favourite local businesses in Subiaco! Share your photos on Instagram featuring the hashtag #SubiacoUnited
for your chance to win $250 to spend at a Subiaco business of your choice! Find out more
Did we miss your favourite local business and would like to add them to the list? Email us at email@example.com.