A Subiaco United: How to support your local Subi businesses
There’s no doubt that we are living in a whirlwind of uncertainty at the moment but we can’t let it stop us from enjoying life's simple pleasures and supporting our favourite local businesses in Subiaco. Let’s stand together to ensure they outlast all the nasties of the economy during this wild, wild world we currently live in.
Here in Subiaco, we are not closed – we’re far from it! Retailers are open so we can still enjoy some retail therapy and restaurants, bars and cafes are ready for patrons with takeaway and delivery options so we can still enjoy our favourite meals at home.
Rest assured that all these businesses are doing everything they can to ensure public safety. They are keeping up-to-date with the latest from the Health Department
and adjusting accordingly, so we can continue to support the local economy without any of the worry. So here's a rolling list of what Subi businesses are offering:
Restaurants, Bars & Cafes
- 1982 Food & Coffee – Delicious café doing all the right things including Uber Eats so you can order from home and get it delivered straight to your door. Lunch is sorted!
- Baguette Me Not – These cool cats are taking every precaution to keep you and their team protected with all the necessary measures including a ‘curb-side’ pick-up option. Just call ahead and request this option from their friendly team and they will bring it out to your car.
- Bistro Felix – Now offering FREE delivery to locals in Subiaco. Did you ever think you’d be able to get amazing French parfait delivered straight to your door? Add in some French wine and you have one amazing evening ahead of you.
- Bloody French – Are doing takeaway and delivery but also with wine and beer with a 25% off their current drink list. This is available from Monday to Saturday from 5.30pm until 8.30pm.
- Cat Café Purrth – This cute little café is still running takeaway coffees, desserts through the window.
- Chutney Marys – A comfort food we cannot to live without, Chutney Marys now offers free delivery in selected suburbs, furthermore, they have reduced minimum order amount from $50 to just $30!
- Community Coffee Co – You won’t have to go without your favourite beans from your local roaster as Community Coffee Co has a new online store you can purchase from.
- Galileo - now open for takeaway meals. We will soon be offering catering for ‘Family Packs’ on request. Tues to Saturday 12.30 to 7.30pm, call 9382 3343.
- George’s Meze – You can now enjoy authentic and whole Greek cuisine at home because George’s Meze is doing takeaway! Head over to their Instagram to view the menu.
- Jaffle Shack – Comfort food like toasty, cheesy jaffles is exactly what we need right now and you can get it at Jaffle Shack. Pop by and grab a takeaway jaffle or phone ahead and pick up them up in store.
- Jus Burgers - Another comfort food that always hits the spot. Lucky for us, Jus Burgers doesn't just offer takeaway, they also do delivery! Head over to their Jus Burgers website to place an order online.
- Louis Baxter - While you will no longer be able to walk-in, their window will be open to pipping hot coffes and much-needed espressos!
- Meeka Restaurant – Still rolling those amazing Turkish doughnuts we know and love. Now also offering 10% discount on takeaway orders. Menu is available online.
- Rice Baby – If you're in need of some delicous dim sum or hearty Asian cuisine you’ll find them on Uber Eats and Deliveroo so you can enjoy your favourite Rice Baby dishes at home.
- The Corner Italian - Takeaway menu is now available! Call to place an order at 9382 2208 for lunch or dinner. If you live locally, then you can even get it delivered for free!
- The Little Rokeby Café - The newest little café on the block offering takeaway coffee, wraps and delicious baked goods from 6:30am - 2pm. You can also text your coffee order to 0402 557 147 and pick up in store.
- The Subi Hotel – These legends are not letting these changing times damper their style, they are bringing back Subi Drive Thru! Stay tuned for more details on this.
- Urban Soul Foods - This hidden gem is preparing amazing home-made meals and bringing them to YOU! There are tons of options available like beef bourguignon or Morrocan lamb with pilaf rice which can be picked up or delivered. Place order via email to email@example.com before 4pm on Tuesdays (orders after 4pm will go to the following week).
Retail & Services
- 347 Hair – Open as usual. They are lucky to have fresh air flowing through the salon as they keep the doors open. They are sanitising after each client and taking their health and ours very seriously. They will also allow you to wait in your car and they will let you know when they are ready for you.
- Cellarbrations Subiaco - This local liquor store is bringing the good stuff right to your door step! Call the team at 9388 1040 and they will help find the perfect beverage for you to relax at home.
- Dymocks - You can still grab a great page-turner at Dymocks but these guys are also offering deliveries now of books and activities, just call them in store on (08) 9380 4877.
- La Vida Vegan – This amazing little shop and café has adapted to now include delivery! So you can enjoy all your vegan essentials from Perth’s only vegan store delivered straight to your door.
- Spoilt at Subi – This amazing little gift stop is still open and has the most amazing Australian made hand wash available. Which will come in handy when most of the supermarkets are out of stock and only selling the products that will dry your hands out. If you are stuck at home and need a gift sorted call them on (08) 9382 3888. They can arrange gifts to be collected in store or they can arrange delivery.
- Table Culture – This local gem is always ahead of the trend when it comes to homewares, gifts and beautiful design. They have an online store so you can shop from 24 hours a day but they are also offering virtual shopping through FaceTime, phone consults and a friendly face in store because birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions should continue to be celebrated!
- The Painted Teapot – Some big changes coming this week at The Painted Teapot. They are implementing more options for Take Home Pottery Painting Kits to keep you and the little ones entertained. They have also made some slight changes to studio opening times and are also making home delivery a reality! Follow them on Instagram tostay tuned.
We all have our part to play
Let’s also ensure we all continue to wash our hands as often as possible and for at least 20 seconds, refrain from touching our face, keep social distancing to 1.5 metres and most importantly, stay home if we are feeling unwell, no matter how mild the symptoms. For more information about COVID-19 and safety measures follow the link to the Western Australian Department of Health’s website
Did we miss your favourite local business and would like to add them to the list? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.